What will you be doing?
- Leading and supporting walking groups around the local area alongside another volunteer or member of staff.
- Researching and locating new walks of different difficulty levels taking into account different levels of fitness and mobility.
- Listening to and engaging with participants, helping to really make a difference in their lives.
- Help participants feel welcome by offering tea and coffee after walks and maintaining the stock and cleanliness of the tea trolley/kitchenette areas.
- Keeping a register of attendance.
- Sign posting service users to other services within The Oasis Partnership or within the community when necessary.
We are looking for someone with:
Someone confident to lead walks and engage with participants. The ability to set and maintain clear boundaries while talking and listening to service users and support staff. We take a person centered, non-judgmental approach when working with service users, staff and volunteers, so we expect our volunteers to adopt the same approach. You will need good communication, time keeping and social skills. Knowledge of your local area or the skills to research and assess walks will be beneficial.
Time scale of the role:
This is an ongoing opportunity, short or long-term availability considered.
What this role will offer you:
This role offers volunteers the opportunity to gain experience working with people in recovery, at risk of isolation/loneliness and other vulnerable adults in the community. We will provide training in safeguarding, boundaries, health and safety and anything you need to confidently fulfill your volunteering role. Support and supervision will be provided by our dedicated volunteer manager and supervising staff members. We are always happy to provide references for our volunteers and, where possible, advise on future career paths. We pay local travel expenses (rail, bus or mileage for cars, motorbikes and bicycles) more information is available during application.
Fridays 11:30am-1:30pm, Chesham. Please contact the Volunteer Manager for further information or help with your application at email@example.com