What will you be doing?
• Assisting with a monthly evening of food and socializing for anyone in recovery.
• Cooking and serving meals for large groups of people at the recovery café in Wycombe or assisting with the washing up and entertainment such as quiz’s, music or crafts.
• Listening to and engaging with participants, helping to really make a difference to their lives.
• Keeping a register of attendance.
• Sign posting service users to other services within The Oasis Partnership or within the community when necessary.
Were looking for someone with:
Someone confident that with training and supervision they can support our new Ukrainian Hub. Helping the Ukrainian community with finding information and support in housing, childcare, benefits, mental and physical health and finding work. We are looking for someone who can set and maintain clear boundaries and has a non-judgmental, people centered approach.
Time scale of the role:
This is an ongoing opportunity, short or long-term availability considered.
What this role will offer you:
This role offers volunteers the opportunity to gain experience working with people at risk of isolation/loneliness and other vulnerable adults in the community. We will provide training in safeguarding, boundaries, health and safety and anything you need to confidently fulfill your volunteering role. Support and supervision will be provided by our dedicated volunteer manager and supervising staff members. We are always happy to provide references for our volunteers and, where possible, advise on future career paths. We pay local travel expenses (rail, bus or mileage for cars, motorbikes and bicycles) more information is available during application.
Thursdays 11am-1pm, High Wycombe. Please contact the Volunteer Manager for further information or help with your application at email@example.com