What will you be doing?
- Assisting with a weekly group providing hot meals and relaxed social activities for anyone in recovery.
- Cooking and serving meals for large groups of people at the Recovery Cafes.
- Washing up and cleaning down the kitchen after use.
- Listening to and engaging with participants, helping to really make a difference to their lives.
- Keeping a register of attendance.
- Sign posting service users to other services within The Oasis Partnership or within the community when necessary.
Were looking for someone with:
Someone confident in the kitchen or front of house. Someone with the ability to set and maintain clear boundaries while talking and listening to service users, other volunteers and support staff. We take a person centered, non-judgmental approach when working with service users, staff and volunteers, so we expect our volunteers to adopt the same approach.
Time scale of the role:
This is an ongoing opportunity, short or long-term availability considered.
What this role will offer you:
This role offers volunteers the opportunity to gain experience working with people in recovery, at risk of isolation/loneliness and other vulnerable adults in the community. We will provide training in safeguarding, boundaries, health and safety and anything you need to confidently fulfill your volunteering role. Support and supervision will be provided by our dedicated volunteer manager and supervising staff members. We are always happy to provide references for our volunteers and, where possible, advise on future career paths. We pay local travel expenses (rail, bus or mileage for cars, motorbikes and bicycles) more information is available during application.
Fridays 11am-2pm in Aylesbury or High Wycombe. Please contact the Volunteer Manager for further information or help with your application at firstname.lastname@example.org