What will you be doing?
- Greeting visitors and assisting with their signing in and out of the building.
- Answering the phone and taking messages or providing information about our services.
- Scanning and Printing and shredding occasionally too.
- Basic data entry or assisting with documentation.
- Responding to or sending emails if appropriate at your location.
- Showing visitors around the buildings and pointing out key services to them.
- Updating information boards at your location.
- Help participants settle in and feel welcome by offering tea and coffee, maintaining the stock and cleanliness of the tea trolley.
- Helping set up and clear away rooms after hires/groups.
- Sign posting service users to other services within The Oasis Partnership or within the community when necessary.
We are looking for someone with:
Basic computer and printer skills. A friendly and personable attitude and someone confident or willing to gain confidence talking to others.
You will have the ability to set and maintain clear boundaries while talking and listening to service users and support staff. We take a person centered, non-judgmental approach when working with service users, staff and volunteers, so we expect our volunteers to adopt the same approach. You will need good communication, time keeping and social skills.
Time scale of the role:
This is an ongoing opportunity, short or long-term availability considered.
What this role will offer you:
This role offers volunteers the opportunity to gain experience working with people in recovery, at risk of isolation/loneliness and other vulnerable adults in the community. We will provide training in safeguarding, boundaries, health and safety and anything you need to confidently fulfill your volunteering role. Support and supervision will be provided by our dedicated volunteer manager and supervising staff members. We are always happy to provide references for our volunteers and, where possible, advise on future career paths. We pay local travel expenses (rail, bus or mileage for cars, motorbikes and bicycles) more information is available during application.
Monday to Friday between 9am and 5pm, in Aylesbury, Chesham or High Wycombe. Half days or Full days preferred but 2 hours or more also available.
Please contact the Volunteer Manager for further information or help with your application at firstname.lastname@example.org