What will you be doing?
- Lead and facilitate a weekly social group for people who maybe in
recovery, at risk of loneliness/isolation or otherwise vulnerable in the community.
- Listening to and engaging with participants, helping to really make a difference to
- Help participants settle in and feel welcome by offering tea and coffee, maintaining
the stock and cleanliness of the tea trolley.
- Encourage participants to play board games or uno (provided) and engage in
- Keeping a register of attendance.
- Setting up and tidying away the room.
- Sourcing replacement games, or new games as needed.
- Sign posting service users to other services within The Oasis Partnership or within
the community when necessary.
We are looking for someone with:
The skills to confidently lead and facilitate weekly groups with a focus on bringing people together to chat over tea and coffee and play board games. You will have the ability to set and maintain clear boundaries while talking and listening to service users and support staff. We take a person centered, non-judgmental approach when working with service users, staff and volunteers, so we expect our volunteers to adopt the same approach. You will need good communication, time keeping and organizational skills.
Time scale of the role:
This is an ongoing opportunity, short or long-term availability considered.
What this role will offer you:
This role offers volunteers the opportunity to gain experience working with people in recovery, at risk of isolation/loneliness and other vulnerable adults in the community. We will provide training in safeguarding, boundaries, health and safety and anything you need to confidently fulfill your volunteering role. Support and supervision will be provided by our dedicated volunteer manager and supervising staff members. We are always happy to provide references for our volunteers and, where possible, advise on future career paths. We pay local travel expenses (rail, bus or mileage for cars, motorbikes and bicycles) more information is available during application.
Wednesdays 12-2pm, Chesham.
Please contact the Volunteer Manager for further information or help with your application at email@example.com