What will you be doing?
- Lead and facilitate weekly art groups for people who maybe in recovery, at risk of loneliness/isolation or otherwise vulnerable in the community.
- Listening to and engaging with participants, helping to really make a difference to their lives.
- Activities could include painting, drawing, printing, sculpture, modelling, papercraft, textiles, card making and other creative arts.
- Help participants settle in and feel welcome by offering tea and coffee. Keeping a register of attendance.
- Setting up and tidying away the room and supplies as needed. Sourcing equipment or supplies when required.
- Assisting with the display of finished art work and sending photos of work for our Social Media to help promote the great work produced and encourage a sense of achievement.
- Sign posting service users to other services within The Oasis Partnership or within the community when necessary.
We are looking for someone with:
The skills to confidently lead and facilitate weekly groups with a focus on bringing people together to create artwork and learn new artistic skills. You will have the ability to set and maintain clear boundaries while talking and listening to service users and support staff. We take a person centered, non-judgemental approach when working with service users, staff and volunteers, so we expect our volunteers to adopt the same approach. You will need good communication, time keeping and organisational skills. Experience in art, student or professional, will be hugely beneficial but talent and enthusiasm for making a difference appreciated too.
Time scale of the role:
This is an ongoing opportunity, short or long-term availability considered.
What this role will offer you:
This role offers volunteers the opportunity to gain experience working with people in recovery, at risk of isolation/loneliness and other vulnerable adults in the community. We will provide training in safeguarding, boundaries, health and safety and anything you need to confidently fulfill your volunteering role. Support and supervision will be provided by our dedicated volunteer manager and supervising staff members. We are always happy to provide references for our volunteers and, where possible, advise on future career paths. We pay local travel expenses (rail, bus or mileage for cars, motorbikes and bicycles) more information is available during application.
Tuesdays 12:30-2:30pm, Chesham.
Aylesbury and High Wycombe to begin 2024. Please contact the Volunteer Manager for further information or help with your application at firstname.lastname@example.org