Routes to Work is the brand name for all Oasis employment, training and education support services, including the Building Futures Contract, internal and external training opportunities, and support from our own dedicated project workers.
The Routes to Work team deliver high quality tailored employability programmes that equip people with the support they need for a path to sustainable employment. A range of opportunities are available following an initial assessment, which includes a goal setting action plan.
Individual and group sessions are designed to up-skill participants in order for them to enter into the workplace or onto a training or education course. Employability support helps people to develop a CV, gain digital skills and confidence in applying for jobs. We offer support from claiming benefits through to starting a training or education course or gaining employment.
The Covid-19 pandemic has had an impact on many people’s mental health and wellbeing, and employment status. We plan to support people in order to reduce risk of issues and problems getting worse and negatively impacting on a person’s health and wellbeing. Oasis has continued to provide people with support during the pandemic, five days a week – currently, as a result of the restrictions, service is provided online and by telephone. As restrictions lift, we will be able to deliver this service face-to-face again in Chesham, High Wycombe and Aylesbury.
We are experienced in providing a service that meets the needs of participants, helping people to overcome barriers that may be having an impact on them moving forward, from supporting someone to make a benefit claim, sorting out their finances, to providing employment support and in-work mentoring. We work with local employers and other providers so that we can access paid employment opportunities and match work ready people with vacant positions.
As part of the local employability network we can refer people onto a wide range of courses for up-skilling with online learning, and work experience opportunities. Oasis also runs training courses and is currently running the SIA course – a course people need to pass in order to become a Security Guard.
To access our Routes to Work project please email us with your contact details to email@example.com or call us for a chat on 0300-6662747.
Oasis is part of the local Building Futures programme – helping adults and young people across Buckinghamshire break through the barriers to education and employment, whatever their circumstances.
The Building Futures programme is focused on changing the lives of adults and young people across Buckinghamshire and is part of the Building Better Opportunities programme funded by the Big Lottery Fund and the European Social Fund.
.The project has a particular focus on:
- people who are long-term unemployed and from workless households and families
- people aged over-50 who are long-term unemployed or have been made redundant
- people with learning difficulties, disabilities or long-term physical or mental health issues
- disengaged NEET (Not in Education, Employment or Training) young people and those at risk of becoming NEET, aged 15-25
- black minority and minority ethnic community.
In conjunction with Building Futures partners, the key elements provided include:
- a personalised action plan and support package based on their needs
- dedicated support from a Keyworker throughout their action plan
- a range of activities to build confidence, skills and motivation to sustain learning or work with training
- employability support including CV writing, job applications and interview/presentation skills
- support for improving English language skills (where required) and breaking down cultural barriers to entering work and learning
- access to work and volunteering opportunities
- advice on benefits and financial management and childcare support
Adviza has brought together an exceptional partnership of local VCS organisations, colleges and training providers to support the most isolated groups back towards work. The local partners include:
- Bucks Mind
- Citizen’s Advice Bureau
- Community Impact Bucks
- Healthy Living Bucks
- New Meaning Ltd (The Tool Shed)
- The Oasis Partnership
- Wycombe MIND
There is a dedicated website for Building Futures Bucks