Routes To Work
Employment, training and education support services
If you are a job seeker who is looking for a job or wishing to develop your work skills, we can help. Our Routes to Work team offers helpful and supportive information and advice on moving into employment, training and education.
We offer in-person services in Aylesbury, Chesham and Wycombe, as well as offering online and telephone support. Our WorkSearch groups will give you the tools and
support you need to find work, write a CV and cover letter and to be supported
by our trained staff and volunteers as well as your peers. Groups are held:
Baker House, High Wycombe, HP11 2RW
59-61 The Broadway, Chesham, HP5 1BX
(from 21st September)
Unity House, 98 Walton Street, Aylesbury, HP21 7QP
Building Futures, and supporting those who are economically inactive
The Oasis Partnership and Adviza work in partnership to provide employability and skills support to Buckinghamshire job seekers via https://www.buildingfuturesbucks.org.uk/
There are two parts to the offer:
- One to one support from a specialist team of project workers, to help you if you are unemployed but not claiming unemployment benefits, to help you move towards positive opportunities.
- A series of group work programmes designed to build skills, confidence and introduce opportunities in a supportive and fun environment.
Breaking Down Barriers to Employment
You may have experienced barriers to accessing work and we’re here to help break those down. We know that there is a lot of information online, but it is difficult to know where to look. Our approach is to understand your strengths and interests and use this to find the right information to set you on your career pathway.
Job Searching Tips
- Follow us on social media for the latest information and local vacancies
- Check out National Careers Service resources which can help you to make career choices:
Explore careers | National Careers Service
- Visit the Bucks Skills Hub website for useful resources, local support and events: https://bucksskillshub.org/
- Considering upskilling for a new role – check out a range of local courses:
Buckinghamshire Adult Learning – Part-time courses (adultlearningbc.ac.uk)
Some services are offered via our partnership with Building Futures Buckinghamshire https://www.buildingfuturesbucks.org.uk/