The Chair will support the CEO and ensure that the Board functions as one unit to achieve their new and exciting objectives. The Chair will also act in partnership with the CEO as an ambassador and public face of the charity.
What will you be doing?
Historically known for our work providing substance misuse expertise and support, we have now expanded our charity objects to extend our service provision, delivering socially inclusive, open access support for the wider communities of Buckinghamshire, through pioneering and innovative partnerships and initiatives. We take a holistic approach to health and wellbeing and believe that social prescribing for people of all ages and backgrounds is vital to connect them with their local communities, offering emotional as well as practical support.
Oasis has been providing services throughout Buckinghamshire for almost 40 years, and currently employs 39 staff working across different contracts and from fundraised donations. The majority of our staff work within the One Recovery Bucks service, which is managed by our NHS partner Inclusion. In addition to this however we also employ staff supporting the Building Futures contract the Rough Sleeper Initiative, Employment Support Workers and a team of Intergenerational Workers delivering the Friends2Gether project at our Bagnall Project.
We need an energetic and enthusiastic Chair to support the CEO and lead the Board in helping the organisation deliver their new innovative objectives over the next few years.
What are we looking for?
The ideal Chair of Trustees would need to:-
- Demonstrate a strong and visible passion and commitment to the charity, its strategic objectives and cause
- Have personal gravitas to lead a significant charitable organisation
- Exhibit strong inter-personal and relationship building abilities and be comfortable in an ambassadorial role
- Demonstrate tact and diplomacy, with the ability to listen and engage effectively
- Have strong networking capabilities that can be utilised for the benefit of the charity
- Have the ability to commit time to conduct the role well, including travel and attending events out of office hours
And additionally have:-
- Experience of operating at a senior strategic leadership level within an organisation
- A successful track record of achievement through their career
- Experience of charity governance and working with or as part of a Board of Trustees
- Experience of external representation, delivering presentations and managing stakeholders
- Significant experience of chairing meetings and events
What difference will you make?
The Chair of Trustees is a key role within our organisation. Your leadership and commitment will ensure we continue to provide and extend our range of much-needed support and services to our donors and beneficiaries.
We need someone ideally with third sector experience that has the energy and enthusiasm to become fully involved in the charity’s aims and objectives.
If you are interested in applying for this role – please send a copy of your CV and a cover letter to Recruitment@oasispartnership.org