About the opportunity
In the role as Volunteer Administrator you will be required to adopt a person-centred, non-judgemental approach when dealing with members of the community, other professionals, and local charities and organisations. We are looking for volunteers who have good written and oral communication skills and enjoy supporting as part of a collaborative team. This role offers volunteers the opportunity to gain experience in administrative tasks and reception duties within an inclusive charity setting.
Access to training opportunities will be provided as part of the Oasis Training Strategy.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for people: –
- To provide a professional reception service for the Bagnall Project or at our One Recovery Bucks sites in Aylesbury and Wycombe.
- To provide administrative support to the Team Manager on duty
- To provide the skills required to collate and enter information on data spreadsheets
- To ensure that Oasis’ vision and values are embedded within our services.
- To answer calls/take messages, use MS Outlook to check & advise on room bookings
- To support the Manager with weekly H&S checks
- To check facilities throughout the building – water plants, refill paper towels/toilet rolls/soap etc.
To be part of a charity that is consistently growing and developing, you will have the opportunity to:-
- gain a number skills by delivering frontline work.
- gain sociable and computer skills.
- gain valuable experience to add to your C.V.
- receive a professional reference when you decide to move on.
As an Oasis volunteer, we will require:
- a completed application form
- an enhanced criminal record check (DBS) that Oasis will process
- two references
The Volunteer role may be suitable for people who have interests in
- Social care
- Mental Health
- Domestic Violence
- Local community
Activities include in the role
- Overall support relating to the Health and Safety of the building
Skills required and gained during volunteering in the role
- Basic IT
- Organisational skill
- Talking to people
We require volunteers throughout our services including the One Recovery Bucks Treatment services and all other Oasis projects and services. Please see our website for full information about the wide range of projects available to volunteer within.
We offer volunteer placements at all our service locations throughout Buckinghamshire: in Chesham at the Bagnall Project Waterside and Lewins Yard, in Wycombe at our sites in Desbox and George Street, and in Aylesbury at our site in Walton Street.
For more information about generic volunteering roles and how to apply please contact email@example.com