What will you be doing?
• Greeting visitors and assisting with their signing in and out of the
• Answering the phone and taking messages or providing information about our services.
• Scanning and Printing.
• Basic data entry or assisting with documentation.
• Responding to or sending emails if appropriate at your location.
• Showing visitors around the buildings and pointing out key services to them.
• Updating information boards at your location.
• Help participants settle in and feel welcome by offering tea and coffee, maintaining the stock and cleanliness of the tea trolley.
• Helping set up and clear away rooms after hires/groups.
• Assisting Routes to Work with updating the jobs board when reception/admin is quiet.
• Sign posting service users to other services within The Oasis Partnership or within the community when necessary.
What are we looking for?
Someone with basic computer and printer skills. A friendly and personable attitude and someone confident or willing to gain confidence talking to others. You will have the ability to set and maintain clear boundaries while talking and listening to service users and support staff. We take a person centred, non-judgemental approach when working with service users, staff and volunteers, so we expect our volunteers to adopt the same approach. You will need good communication, time keeping and social skills.
Time scale of the role:
This is an ongoing opportunity, short or long term availability considered.
What this role will offer you:
This role offers volunteers the opportunity to gain experience working with people in recovery, at risk of isolation/loneliness and other vulnerable adults in the community. Training in safeguarding, boundaries and health and safety will be provided. Support and supervision will be provided by our dedicated volunteer manager and our project managers. We are always happy to provide references for our Volunteers and where possible advise on future career paths. We pay local travel expenses (rail, bus or milage car/bike) more information available during application.
As an Oasis volunteer, we will require:
- a completed application form
- an enhanced criminal record check (DBS) that Oasis will process
- two references
The Bagnall Project, Chesham