What will you be doing?
• Assisting with a monthly evening of food and socialising for anyone in
• Cooking and serving meals for large groups of people at the recovery café in Wycombe.
• Creating healthy recipes, helping to source supplies and donations.
• Listening to and engaging with participants, helping to really make a difference to their lives.
• Keeping a register of attendance.
• Sign posting service users to other services within The Oasis Partnership or within the community when necessary.
What are we looking for?
A confident cook with a passion for food. Able to keep calm in the kitchen and enjoys the pressure of cooking for groups of people. Someone with the ability to set and maintain clear boundaries while talking and listening to service users, other volunteers and support staff. We take a person centred, non-judgemental approach when working with service users, staff and volunteers, so we expect our volunteers to adopt the same approach.
Time scale of the role:
This is an ongoing opportunity.
What this role will offer you:
recovery, at risk of isolation/loneliness and other vulnerable adults in the community. Training in safeguarding, boundaries and health and safety will be provided. Support and supervision will be provided by our dedicated volunteer manager and our project managers. We are always happy to provide references for our Volunteers and where possible advise on future career paths. We pay local travel expenses (rail, bus or milage car/bike) more information available during application.
As an Oasis volunteer, we will require:
- a completed application form
- an enhanced criminal record check (DBS)
- two references
High Wycombe, at One Recovery Bucks.
Additional food safety and regulation training maybe required. We can also train you up on our coffee machines and any specialist equipment in our well equipped kitchens.