About the opportunity
We are always looking for volunteers to help out within our services and behind the scenes, and have many different opportunities available. Our volunteer roles offer people the opportunity to give something back to the community and to be part of a fantastic group of people volunteering their time providing support, skills, knowledge, friendship and being part of something special making a difference to people’s lives. Covid-19 has identified many issues within communities; we hope to address some of these issues by developing new projects and getting more people involved either as participants or as volunteers.
With Oasis’ new direction we now have many new and different opportunities for people to get involved, which includes volunteering within the One Recovery Bucks treatment service and within all other Oasis projects. The beauty of our charity is that we can be flexible and develop projects that communities want and need.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for people: –
- To provide a fun experience for young people and adults alike.
- To help establish links with the community and be part of a growing volunteer movement.
- To engage with the participants through activities and projects, listening to peoples needs and identifying how we can support them.
To be part of a charity that is consistently growing and developing, you will have the opportunity to:-
- give back to the community / local charity
- gain sociable skills.
- gain valuable experience to add to your C.V.
- receive a professional reference when you decide to move on.
As an Oasis volunteer, we will require:
- a completed application form
- an enhanced criminal record check (DBS) that Oasis will process
- two references
The Volunteer role may be suitable for people who have Interests in working with
- People with Mental Health, Addiction issues or other, social disadvantage.
- Helping support the local community
- Helping support the Covid Recovery Process and local recovery plans.
Activities included in the role
- Driving minibus, supporting people to get to activities
- Helping physically supporting project leads to run groups and services
- Getting involved and helping make sessions enjoyable and satisfying
Skills required and gained during volunteering in the role
- Improved health and wellbeing
- New skills and knowledge
We require volunteers throughout our services including the One Recovery Bucks Treatment services and all other Oasis projects and services. Please see our website for full information about the wide range of projects available to volunteer within.
We offer volunteer placements at all our service locations throughout Buckinghamshire: in Chesham at the Bagnall Project, Waterside and Lewins Yard, in Wycombe at our sites in Desbox and George Street, and in Aylesbury at our site in Walton Street.
Our Twitter Charity account @TheOasisCharity https://twitter.com/TheOasisCharity
Please also look at our Facebook account, The Oasis Partnership https://www.facebook.com/TheOasisPartnership/
For more information about generic volunteering roles and how to apply please contact: Alison Cobb – team manager firstname.lastname@example.org