|Person Specification and Job Description|
|Job Title: The Bagnall Project Administrator||Accountable To: The Operations Manager|
|Base: The Bagnall Project, Waterside, Chesham, Buckinghamshire||Pay: £22,799.86 p.a. (SCP6)|
|Hours: Full time (37.5 hours) which may include some evening or weekend work.||Contract: Permanent|
|Overview of Organisation|
|The Oasis Partnership is a charity providing high quality social and psychological support services to improve people’s health and wellbeing. The charity’s core purpose is to deliver socially inclusive, open access support for the wider communities of Buckinghamshire, through pioneering and innovative partnerships and initiatives. |
We provide support to people of all ages and offer a range of services to benefit many and diverse communities. Our mission is to improve quality of life by reducing disadvantage, isolation and loneliness and increasing skills, confidence and wellbeing, making a significant positive difference to local communities.
The Bagnall Project in Chesham is dedicated to improving people’s health and wellbeing, offering 6,000 square foot over three floors, and with a range of rooms purposed for a variety of projects. Through collaboration and new initiatives, we are expanding our service provision by delivering training, employability and education courses, as well as a variety of groups, courses and sessions promoting good mental health and wellbeing, for all ages, supporting the lives of people within our community.
We take a holistic approach to people’s health and wellbeing and will be providing a social prescribing link worker model as a key part of our delivery, engaging people in our services whilst connecting people with community groups, providing emotional and practical support.
|The Oasis Partnership Values|
Respect, Innovation, Trust and Excellence – at the heart of everything we do.
|As Bagnall Administrator you will be responsible to the Operations Manager for managing the project in line with The Oasis Partnership vision and values. |
The following key elements are expected to be delivered as part of the role:
– To oversee activities and administration at the Bagnall Project, ensuring a welcoming and safe environment is maintained at all times.
– To assist with the running of services offered at the Bagnall Project, with support of staff and volunteers.
– To ensure Oasis Safeguarding policy (and best practice) are implemented at all times.
– To support the Operations Manager with County wide administration relating to Health and Safety requirements.
|As the Bagnall Administrator, you will: – |
– Be expected to ensure a good quality service is delivered to people (of all ages) visiting the Bagnall Project.
– Be working with a team of talented individuals, staff and volunteers, who provide various health and wellbeing activities.
– Liaise with the management team to evidence the successful running of the project, always utilising good practice.
– Be responsible for managing a team of volunteers who will be located on site to enhance clients’ experience whilst at the project.
– Be responsible for overseeing three Kickstart employees.
– Be responsible for overseeing the cleanliness of the premises, ensuing our ‘green’ policy is followed and waste disposed of appropriately.
– Overseeing the Bagnall calendar, ensuring staff/volunteer cover is in place for all sessions provided each week.
– Build relationships with local partner organisations and representatives.
– Encourage visitors to the building, providing information about the sessions and activities being delivered on site.
– Provide the co-ordination of all room bookings across our Chesham sites, and reporting monthly to the finance office for invoicing purposes.
– Be responsible for setting up meeting rooms in preparation for all room bookings and events.
– Overseeing, recording, and reporting on the data for the CRM in relation to activities on site.
– Have direct contact with the organisation’s IT company should any issues arise on site.
– Oversee building management which includes external visits from gas/elec providers, cleaners, waste disposal, hygiene bins etc.
– Be responsible for the H&S (and fire safety) of the building in relation to carrying out weekly, monthly, and annual checks and reporting to the H&S lead for the organisation.
– Carry out daily environmental health checks in kitchen as appropriate.
– Being responsible for maintaining adequate stock levels in the building including cleaning products, tea, coffee, and general consumables.
– Maintain the equipment inventory for the building.
– Be responsible for the management of the Bagnall petty cash.
– Be expected to have a good knowledge of safeguarding procedures and be aware of how to deal with situations as they evolve.
– You could be asked to support with recruitment (in line with company safeguarding expectations) and be involved in any other duties that may arise over the course of your employment with Oasis.
|Person Specification – Technical / Professional Skills, Expertise and Qualifications|
|You will have experience of:-|
– Working with people of all ages from differing backgrounds
– Knowledge of the potential barriers that our client group could face
– Experience of collaborative working with others (colleagues and other agencies)
– Knowledge of Health and Safety Practice and Risk Assessments within a relevant environment
– First Aid at Work qualification or willing to undertake
– Child protection / safeguarding level 1 or willing to undertake
– Full driving licence desirable (but not essential)
You will have aptitudes, skills & competencies including:
– Strong organisational, planning and time management skills
– Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to form effective working relationships with people from a wide range of backgrounds
– Ability and confidence to work unsupervised, problem solving and using own initiative as required
– Strong verbal and written communication skills
– Team player, able to work collaboratively with a range of internal and external colleagues
– Computing skills, including MS Office 365, Outlook & Microsoft Teams applications and the ability to learn new systems as required
– The ability to listen to others and work in a non-judgmental way
– Working knowledge of relevant policies and practices relating to child protection and safeguarding
– Be reliable and dependable, always ensuring that appropriate action is taken to keep the service on track
– Engage with confidence in positive conversations about the work that we do
– Commitment to equality and valuing diversity and understanding how this applies to service provision
– Commitment to own professional development and willing to undertake learning and development appropriate to the role
– Able to work flexible hours as required for the role, including evenings and weekends if required
– A warm and friendly personality committed to making a positive difference to the experiences of our clients
|– Liaising with relevant team members and clients to ensure our projects are understood and fully utilised. |
– Working with local agencies across different sectors to establish good working relationships to influence decisions and improve outcomes.
– Generating appropriate opportunities based on the needs of the organisation.
– Offering advice and information to external organisations through face-to-face, telephone, social media and email contact.
– Maintaining databases and undertaking any other administrative duties as required within the role.
– To undertake other duties that supports the project’s objectives as required.
To apply for this post please email email@example.com and we will send you an application form.
Closing date: 27 January 2022.
Please state the job you are applying for.