Job Title: Recovery Worker. Location: Aylesbury/Wycombe Salary: £24,853–£25,552 p.a. Job type: 37.5 hours a week; may include evening, weekend and bank holiday work
- To work with the One Recovery Bucks (ORB) team to provide a dedicated comprehensive recovery focused service for people with drug and alcohol misuse across Bucks
- To provide structured psychosocial interventions, group work and harm minimisation support within a recovery framework
- To contribute to the delivery of the company’s business plans and ensuring that the company’s vision and values are embedded within the organisation
- The post holder will be responsible for delivering safe and effective psychosocial interventions to drug and alcohol users within a community setting.
- Holding a caseload of service users and being responsible for offering a range of interventions to that individual
- Supporting a service user through their treatment journey from beginning to end
- Embracing the concept of recovery and demonstrating this in your clinical work
- Ensuring that your work is evidence based, up to date and in accordance with current policy and legislation
- Keeping up to date and accurate records and documentation
Your skills & experience will include:
- Extensive experience and a good understanding of service users with drug and alcohol related problems
- Experience in managing a caseload of service users with complex needs
- Awareness of issues faced by others involved with people experiencing drug and alcohol related problems
- Proven verbal and written communication skills with the ability to tailor the message to the audience
- Able to deliver a range of services/treatments/interventions in a person centred, non-judgmental manner
- Able to demonstrate flexibility and creativity when developing support packages
- Collaborative team working skills
- Adaptable and able to work in a challenging and changeable environment
- Ability to deliver against agreed objectives and targets
- Vocational qualification e.g. NVQ 3 in Health & Social Care or equivalent qualification
- Demonstrable education and/or training in substance use work
- Passion and charisma; genuinely motivated to work within a team to drive success
- Results/process oriented by sharing a proactive approach and resourcefulness to manage timelines, analyse priorities, and deliver consistent disciplined actions
- Willingness to change directions frequently in the spirit of continuous improvement to be effective daily and monthly
- Strategic thinker that commands quality, performance, and superior communications with the team and service users
The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS.
To apply for this post please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a covering letter.
Please state the job you are applying for.