We are excited to have received 3-year funding from the National Lottery Community Fund to provide a new Intergenerational Project for Chesham and the Chilterns area, which will be based at our Bagnall Project. This new Intergenerational Project will be called Friends2Gether.
Working with older and younger people, we aim to bring them together in purposeful, mutually beneficial activities. Our aim is to promote greater understanding and respect between generations, building relationships between those that live and learn in the same community – but may not have the opportunity to get together.
The Friends-2-Gether project aims to improve physical and mental health, decrease social isolation, increase sense of belonging, self-esteem, and wellbeing, whilst also improving social, emotional and employability skills. By providing a wide range of activities we hope to increase cooperation, interaction and exchange between people of different generations enabling them to share their talents and resources and support each other in relationships that benefit all involved.
|Person Spec / Job Description|
|Job Title: Activities Lead||Accountable To: Friends-2-Gether and Volunteer Project Manager|
|Base: Chesham||Hours: 22 hours per week|
|Working Pattern: This role may include evening, weekend & bank holiday working||Pay Range: £24,853.52 p.a. pro rata (plus pension & company benefits)|
|This post has been funded by the National Lottery Community Fund, as part of a new Intergenerational Project for Chesham and the Chilterns area. This new project is called Friends-2-Gether. Working with older and younger people, our intention is to bring them together in purposeful, mutually beneficial activities. Our aim is to promote greater understanding and respect between generations, building relationships between those that live and learn in the same community – but may not have the opportunity to get together. |
The Friends-2-Gether project aims to improve physical and mental health, decrease social isolation, increase sense of belonging, self-esteem, and wellbeing, whilst also improving social, emotional and employability skills. By providing a wide range of activities such as our Activities Programme we hope to increase cooperation, interaction and exchange between people of different generations enabling them to share their talents and resources and support each other in relationships that benefit all involved.
This role will be key to engaging community members through a range of health and wellbeing engagement activities to help build confidence, decrease social isolation and improve the health and wellbeing of vulnerable and hard to reach individuals.
|Skills, knowledge, experience & education|
|– Experience of working with a range of people including vulnerable adults |
– Experience of delivering physical activity groups for a range of abilities
– A Personal Trainer qualification would be beneficial
– Ability to engage with a variety of stakeholders including both younger and older customers.
– Experience of facilitating support groups and or peer knowledge exchange forums
– Knowledge of best practice when delivering activity sessions including knowledge policies and procedures for supporting individuals with physical activity
– Knowledge of a variety of physical activities that can support individuals with mental and physical health
– An up to date first aid certificate
– Experience of working on own initiative and as part of a wider team
– Understanding of the voluntary sector
– Full clean driving license is preferential
|Personal attributes required|
|– Empathic personality |
– Excellent communication skills
– A good level of personal fitness
– Ability to listen to the needs of the people that access our services
– A good team player, willing to work across teams to support colleagues in The Oasis Partnership
– Flexible approach to problem solving
– Passionate about how physical activity, no matter how gentle, can improve lives of those facing social isolation, lack of confidence or struggling with a variety of mental health problems
– Commitment to personal development and ability to receive feedback from others
|Duties and Responsibilities|
|– Deliver free or low-cost physical activity classes to members of the community, including participants of the Friends2Gether project |
– Develop and produce regular content for the Bagnall Project activities offering
– Deliver physical health workshops and sessions for the community, including participants of the Friends2Gether project
– Build partnerships with local stakeholders to deliver physical wellbeing workshops as a way of bringing in income to the charity
– Develop and create policies, procedures, and risk assessments for the physical activity initiatives aspect of the Friends 2 Gether project, ensuring the safety of all stakeholders involved in the projects
– Work closely with the Operations Manager and the Oasis team to be reactive to the needs of people using our services and adapting the activities to meet the needs identified.
– Work directly with the Friends-2-Gether manager to deliver intergenerational health and wellbeing activity-based workshops to 100 participants per year.
– Develop and facilitate a programme of physical wellness sessions and clubs as part of the Friends2Gether intergenerational project.
– Support Transformational Tuesdays, by offering physical activity / wellness-related sessions for The Oasis Partnerships’ recovery service users.
– Ensure the activities on offer are inviting and accessible to people with a variety of support needs.
– Be responsible for monitoring and evaluating sessions that are delivered
– Regularly produce a report for the Senior Leadership Team, highlighting successes, number of stakeholders engaged and any adaptations to the programme as a result of these reports.
– Promote physical wellness and activity sessions available to the community and increase uptake by 50% year on year.
– To provide outreach provision as required – taking the service to more rural local areas.
– To support the team in the day to day running of the Bagnall Project.
This job description reflects the overall scope and responsibilities of the role. All jobs change or evolve over time in order to meet corporate or local needs and this job description will therefore be subject to periodic joint review and change if required.,
To apply for this post please email email@example.com with your CV and a covering letter explaining why you are applying for the role and how your experience meets the role requirements. Closing Date 6th July.